Drum and Pail Coatings
Valspar’s paint can coating system quality and performance have made Valspar the market leader in North America. Valspar’s paint can coating systems are designed with the ability to ensure interior commodity protection and exterior durability. Valspar has coordinated with paint can manufacturers to create a product line suitable for your paint can coating applications; bodies (interior and exterior), ends, rings, plugs, and side seam stripes.
The steel container industry produces the pails and drums required to package the commercial products of modern industry. Many of these products require the usage of chemically resistant linings. Offerings included conventional cure, low temperature cure, and low VOC linings.
- High solids solvent-based
- Powder and water-based technologies (specific food and non-food requirements)
- Chemical and physical resistance/processing
- Epoxy-Phenolic based coatings for improved flexibility and resistance to alkaline products
- Phenolic based coatings provide acid and solvent resistance
- Rust inhibitors and size coats
- Non-BPA* technologies (valPure®)
- Interior and exterior of paint can bodies, ends
- Paint can rings and plugs
- Side seam stripes
- Capable of holding a wide range of product chemistries
- Solvent-based products
- latex based products
- Superior flexibility for fabrication
- Optimal interior commodity protection for diverse product lines
- Chemical resistant linings
- Enhanced plug retention performance
*Non-BPA - This designation indicates that the coating technology is based on polymeric components that are not directly derived from Bisphenol A.